Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Don't Know How My Mother Does It, and I've Decided that I Really Hate the Animal Kingdom.

So I've mentioned earlier on this week that I am staying with my family for the month of June as they prepare to make their big move to Colorado.  My mom is reimbursing my income and I get to see my family and a new part of the country, so it's all cool.  I've been waking up at the buttcrack of dawn every day to help her get the kiddies off to their final few days of school, and pretty much just doing everything she's asking me to do.

Today, she asked me to make dinner, and have Jamie, my brother, take out the trash.  I couldn't wake the bastard up, because he stays up all night and then sleeps when he gets home from school.  So I'm up there screaming, but he's not answering, his door is locked so I can't get in there and shake him awake, so whatever, I go downstairs and start doing it myself.

Meanwhile, the oven's keep beeping, I have to turn over the fish fillets, shuffle the french fries around, and Christian, another brother, keeps asking me questions that I don't have the answer to, and he's eating poptarts and asking for popcorn and I'm like HOLY SHIT, STOP EATING I'M MAKING DINNER.

So Mom gets home, and I'm pulling the fish and chips out of the oven and she calls Jamie down with one yell of his name, so obviously she has the correct frequency for his ears to hear.  Trash gets taken out after he walks in circles for a few minutes and then he eats, he and Katie clean up the dishes, and I pulled this up to start writing. It's pretty much cemented my desire to stay the fuck away from ever having kids.  I'm just not interested.  Not even a little.


Moving on, I've decided that I'm also not interested in visiting the Animal Kingdom ever again.  It's too damn far from my resort, closes too early, and there's just not a whole lot there.  I can't stand Dinosaur because it scares the bejeezus out of me, and Expedition Everest is okay, I guess, but not worth the bus ride over there.  I don't get the pull.  It can't be the animals--you can go to a freaking zoo and see animals.  The food doesn't seem that great, and they're adding Pandora or whatever which I simply cannot bring myself to give a singular shit about the park.

Someone please, send me a comment, a note on Facebook explaining to me what the draw of this park is.  The "Magic" just doesn't seem like it's there.

COMPLETELY UNFUCKINGRELATED:


Katy Perry is Loki.  Or maybe Loki is Katy Perry.  Something something California Girls, something something I am a god.

No comments:

Post a Comment