Saturday, June 9, 2012

Disney Turf Wars

Yes, you read that right.  You, if you're a relatively normal human being, are having the same reaction I originally had to this.  I think it goes something along the lines of "what the actual fuck?"

I had a discussion with a few friends of mine that are Disneyland Resort 'natives.'  They have stated that there are Walt Disney World natives that are vicious and bloodthirsty, trashing DLR at every turn, particularly Disney California Adventure.  Their answer?  Return fire!

I pointed out the flaw here--they're just making themselves look like asses to those of us who can't see every single one of the attacks on WDW that they're responding to.  To me, it just looks like some jerkoffs trashing my park because they feel a little insecure--and yes, they do feel insecure.  Sorry if you're reading this guys, but having to jump to the defense of your park means that you don't feel it can speak for itself, so you have to talk it up.  If that's not true, then you really need to change your language around, because that's how it's coming off.

Honestly, I couldn't believe what I was reading.  And here I am sitting here wondering when the hell this all started.  I've never, before this, known anyone involved in what seems like a Disney turf war.

I posed the following question to the gang at WDW Kingdomcast, word for word.
I've got a question and I'm looking for some straight talk, not any of this yuppie friendly bullshit that I keep getting. Is there really a 'turf war' of sorts going on between people who prefer Disneyland Resort and people who prefer Walt Disney World? I've got a small group of people who are just driving me insane on my newsfeed, and it's like the goddamn Hatfields and the McCoys. I've always been under the mindset of 'if it's a Disney Park, it's pretty cool' and then maybe specific beefs with the way individual things are run. I didn't realize there was this big, whiny ass "Hollywood Studios is better than Disney California Adventuuuuure" and vice versa. 

I got some pretty legit responses, too, and I'm genuinely fond of this group now.

 I think it's more of people trying to take stabs at each other in 140 characters or less. If it's more than that those people need to find something better to whine about. No question Disney parks around the globe are pretty damn cool.  -Ron Bidnez
Unfortunately it's not just DL vs WDW. It's happening throughout the entire Disney fan base online. Bash this, bash that. Bash everyone and everything. And yes, particularly, there's an undercurrent of some Disneyland regulars who blame everything bad on Orlando. If something is awful out there, it must have come from here. But if something's good, then we don't deserve it. Really makes no sense.  -Ricky Brigante
Fuck them, Walt said that they are our Parks. Not some d-bags in Cali or shitheads in Florida. I'm partial to wdw because I grew up there, doesn't make it any better than dl , just more special to me. Screw them and their nonsense. -Chris Tucker
Can we all just agree: fuck Eurodisney? -Curtis Rogers
 There's nothing I can say to Curtis
that won't cause a shitstorm.


Anyway, I love Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort.

And there is nothing you cunts can do about it.

EDIT: Not five minutes after I posted this, someone commented about the new dark/speed ride in DLR, to which someone replied "Still better than Test Track."

Fuck you, California.

1 comment:

  1. You should see She-Hulk's fanbase - there are about 30 guys and we all fucking hate each other.

    ReplyDelete